Traralgon Who's Who
Distinguished and Famous people from Traralgon
Traralgon is a city located in the state of Victoria in Australia. The city has been home to several distinguished and famous people over the years. Here are some of them:
- Matthew Richardson: Richardson is a former Australian rules football player who played for the Richmond Tigers in the Australian Football League (AFL). He was born in Traralgon in 1974 and played 282 games for the Tigers, scoring 800 goals. He is now a media personality and commentator.
- Tim Holding: Holding is a former member of the Victorian Legislative Council. He was born in Traralgon in 1968 and served as the Minister for Tourism and Major Events and Minister for Environment and Climate Change from 2006 to 2010.
- Jenny Macklin: Macklin is a former member of the Australian House of Representatives and served as the Minister for Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs from 2007 to 2013. She was born in Traralgon in 1953.
- Ron Barassi: Barassi is a former Australian rules football player and coach. He was born in Melbourne but spent most of his childhood in Traralgon. He played for the Melbourne Football Club and coached several clubs in the AFL.
- Liam Fitzpatrick: Fitzpatrick is an Australian actor and television presenter. He was born in Traralgon in 1980 and is known for his roles in the TV shows Neighbours, Blue Heelers, and Winners & Losers.
- Paul Hester: Hester was a musician and was best known as the drummer for the bands Split Enz and Crowded House. He was born in Melbourne but grew up in Traralgon.
- Hamish Blake: Blake is a comedian, actor, and TV presenter. He was born in Melbourne but spent most of his childhood in Traralgon. He is known for his work on the TV shows Hamish & Andy and Thank God You're Here.
- Tim Watson: Watson is a former Australian rules football player and coach. He was born in Melbourne but moved to Traralgon when he was a child. He played for the Essendon Football Club and coached the Western Bulldogs.
- Ron Iddles: Iddles is a retired detective sergeant who worked for the Victoria Police for 43 years. He was born in Traralgon in 1948 and is known for his work on several high-profile homicide cases, including the Walsh Street police shootings.
- Lisa Mitchell: Mitchell is a singer-songwriter who was born in Canterbury, England, but grew up in Albury, New South Wales, and Traralgon. She is known for her hit songs Neopolitan Dreams and Coin Laundry.
These are just some of the many distinguished and famous people who have called Traralgon home over the years. Their contributions to their respective fields have left a lasting impact on the city and the wider community.